• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

digiscoping with a nikon ed50 fieldscope 27x lens (1 Viewer)

looking to do this fairly cheaply and not averse to buying a cheap(ish) new camera to get id quality photos - nothing special.

the ed50 seems to have a focal point a little way from the eyepiece so something is needed to enable digiscoping between it and the camera.

i've seen some cunning plans from seymour aves re b&q plumbers piping inserted at the eyepiece and found that using the cardboard out of a looroll pared down round the outside of the lens isnt a bad rough and ready attempt to reduce the problem of extreme vignetting to a sensible level.

does anyone else have any bright ideas for a complete novice who would like to shoot some id quality shots as cheaply as possible using the ed50, at present i have a samsung es65 that can be used up to 5x mag or normally.

any heath robinson ideas considered or even better an adaptor i could buy that might actually work and not be too bulky!

would anyone recommend digiscoping sleeves or alignment collars?

cheers,

andy

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back