• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Breathing Space For Nature (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
Anyone send of a pack from Springwatch? Mine arrived today nice lil pack not checked out the CD Rom yet but put the window sticker on my window but seems a nice lil pack

I went away on holiday half way through the spring watch programmes on tv. The last one that i saw was when Bill and co were worried about the baby Peregrines(I think thats what they were anyway) because the Mother had been missing all day. I realy want to know what happened. Did the Mother come back and did the babies survive?

Oh, and no I didnt send for the pack in the end.

Sue

Hi Sue,

I haven't watched all the series yet either but if it was the London Peregrines the website is here:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articles/2005/06/06/peregrine__falcons.shtml

and during the day you can click on the message at top right "webcam" and Real Player will load and show you the action. I believe it operates till early evening I have just tried now and nothing so it is too late.

Last time I watched the chicks looked well and fat, not at all like the sleek birds they will become.

Ann

ps If you would still like a Breathing Space pack, try the Springwatch website, with luck they may have some left.

Last edited:
They've occasionally shown the chicks on BBC London News. All three were doing well last time I saw, and the mother came back later the day she went missing. don't know what happened on that day, but she's been around since.

And if you're in London, the RSPB has set up a viewing point in one of the London parks (Regent's I think) so that you can watch these very same birds. Should be worthwhile going along, I think.

Thankyou for the info Ann and Florall. And I am sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. I am so pleased to hear that the mother came back in the end and that the babies seem to have continued to do well.

Sue

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back