• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Screech Owl fledging time (1 Viewer)

Hamhed

For years, my wife and I have had Eastern Screech Owl nest boxes at various locations on our property in western NC. Because of those boxes, we have enjoyed many views of this species. This year is no exception. With one new owl fledged and at least one other still in the box, I wanted to post a few photos. We won't see them again until winter of next year when the adults reoccupy the nest boxes.

For the first time, we have mounted a trail camera visible in one photo on the side of a mature white pine tree. A few of the videos are posted on YouTube at Hamhed 2010. They are all 20 seconds long (a limitation of the camera).

Steve

Attachments

• Nestboxes.jpg
    Nestboxes.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 15
  • EASO adult.jpg
    EASO adult.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 16
  • EASO nestling.jpg
    EASO nestling.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Yep. We came home from a walk a few nights ago just before dusk to find a mob of the local songbirds harassing two adults and two fledglings. Grabbed my camera to get a couple of grainy shots. The unpictured adult was grey phase.

978a6f54522d00798f9cf3c56cbaf713.jpg

8b6ade372cd40b0b021ae2f6fb837d97.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back