• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Releasing a pigeon (1 Viewer)

Azvp

Hey!! Idk if this is the right place to post this but I need help and its kinda urgent
So about a week ago i saw a baby pigeon falling from the nest under my roof. Of course i had to take it.
It was already pretty big so it didnt trust me and i had to force feed it, it would peck on seeds and drink water but it wasnt enough so i made what i usually give to other rescued baby pigeons.
Anyways right now he looks almost like a full grown adult so i thought about releasing it the problem here is that he still refuses to eat properly and i dont know what to do about that. I want to know if its parents are going to accept it back or reject it?? There are 2 pigeon nests under the roof and cats around so im kind of afraid that he might get beaten up by his own family. Help?? My main problem is why isnt he eating by itself??

I also attached an image of him this is how he looks right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_182632_copy_899x1600.jpg
    IMG_20200530_182632_copy_899x1600.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 15
Hi Azvp and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sorry I can't help you, but hopefully someone will be along soon with some advice. Meanwhile we do have some basic guidelines, here for the care of injured and baby birds, which you might like to read.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back