• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SF 32, First Impressions (1 Viewer)

LOL
Don't worry Edmund, the review will be ready before Notre Dame is repaired!

Lee

Lee,
Indeed.

The politicians have promised us a repair of Notre Dame completed in 5 years, so you should be able to get faultless production units by then, in fact you might even be able to take a bit longer :)

Frankly, I don’t believe the politicians, and I’m not sure I believe Zeiss either when it comes to schedules in times of Covid-19.

Edmund

Last edited:
Lee,
Indeed.

The politicians have promised us a repair of Notre Dame completed in 5 years, so you should be able to get faultless production units by then, in fact you might even be able to take a bit longer :)

Frankly, I don’t believe the politicians, and I’m not sure I believe Zeiss either when it comes to schedules in times of Covid-19.

Edmund

We certainly live in uncertain times so I don't envy anyone who has to make forecasts.

The review should be ready to post tomorrow. The problems have been Covid-related in that, being in a high-risk category I have been confined to our property and at first I felt that would not be a problem as we have a piece of land reserved for wildlife with 12-15 bird species visiting each day. However our neighbours have been at home due to Covid restrictions and the lovely weather has meant they have been in the gardens on each side of our land and having a lot of fun. While this was great to see from one angle, it scared off most of the birds most of the time so it has been a struggle to accumulate the necessary field observations. At the same time I was under pressure because the unit was on a short-term loan from Zeiss and will be going back in the next few days.

Lee

Lee, that's a shame you haven't been able to get out more and enjoy the binoculars. There's so much anticipation to hear about these binoculars I imagine there's quite a bit of pressure in writing the review. I think taking your time to get to know them as best you can in the circumstances and not making quick judgements, where there's a danger of changing your mind later, is exactly the right thing to do.

So, really looking forward to the review when it comes and thanks for putting the effort and time in to get it right. Enjoy your last few days with the binoculars.

Lee, that's a shame you haven't been able to get out more and enjoy the binoculars. There's so much anticipation to hear about these binoculars I imagine there's quite a bit of pressure in writing the review. I think taking your time to get to know them as best you can in the circumstances and not making quick judgements, where there's a danger of changing your mind later, is exactly the right thing to do.

So, really looking forward to the review when it comes and thanks for putting the effort and time in to get it right. Enjoy your last few days with the binoculars.

Thank you for your understanding.

I used to visit Adwest in Reading quite regularly so got to know a little about your part of the country.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back