• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for birders to join me in Sri Lanka (1 Viewer)

Chas 100

I am a frequent visitor to Sri Lanka. I will be going again in November. I would like to give 4, people the opportunity to join me to bird mostly the North West. Our base is Waikkal, just North of Negombo. You will be met at the airport. Accommodation is good. Clean and fresh with Western Standard en-suite shower room etc. air con. In the garden, which is 250 meters from the beach, common birds (almost guaranteed) include Purple Rumped Sunbird, Shikra, Brown-headed Barbet (Megalaima zeylanica), Flame - backed Woodpecker, Red-vented Bulbul, Koel, Asian Palm Swift, Tailor Bird, Magpie Robin.etc etc. A short walk to the beach will give you Blue- tailed Bee-eater, White Throated Kingfisher (sometimes in the garden also), Brown Shrike and passing tern sp. On the river which adjoins the garden, there are Stork-billed Kingfisher, Common Kingfisher of the Southern Indian sub- species Bengalanensis. Herons/Egrets....Purple, Chines Pond, Cattle, Little and various bittern sp. Not to mention Stone Curlew and Stilt, again etc. We will visit Willpatu National Park for a jeep safari as well as rice paddies and all the other well known birding areas in that part of Sri Lanka.
A Dolphin boat trip to Kalpitiya would also be undertaken and early morning birding boat trips. This would all be included in the price.
I would act as a guide. I am an experienced birder and serious photographer with a good knowledge of the birds in that area. Our hosts are the Ravihari family, Ravi and his daughter Tharika who speaks very good English and they would provide all transport. Lots of other adventures too numerous to mention.
The price for each person to include all of the above plus breakfast/evening meal and an absolutely wonderful exposure to warm friendly Sri Lankan culture would be £750 for 10 nights.When you leave I guarantee that Ravi and Tharika will be friends for life. This is a privately organised trip. Please email me for many more details, photographs and any other information including dates (end of November 2018 is proposed.) [email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back