• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2012 (2 Viewers)

I love these two!

The variety of tone and weight that you get naturally with the flow of a pencil makes the line come alive and support the colour without hitting too hard.

Mike

I've been thinking a lot about line v colour since reading this post last night. I love the spontaneity + informality of the sharpie pieces. I enjoy the dark flowing line. I've dabbled in block printing so they feel 'homely' too me.
What I really wanted to say was I reckoned there was a picture I'd seen in this thread that did the line colour thing really brilliantly for me. So I looked back + there it was on the first post - 'Redshank Alarm'. Great lines created by colour - brilliant!!
Love the latest plovers + the way they are almost lost in the pebbles.

das ist wirklich eine sehr gelungene Arbeit,die Vögel,angepaßt an das Umfeld ,faszinieren beide Bilder

oh...found more words in german ,but short ..I love them

Thanks folks - all very encouraging.
Persuing the same theme of drawing and colour - Wrens and Butterbur, 32"x22"

Attachments

• Butterbur wrens (800x537).jpg
    Butterbur wrens (800x537).jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 176
Nice! I like this 'hidden bird' series. Instead of just showing off the bird, it captures something of actually going birding - havng to look for the thing!

This new work is astonishing Tim, please pursue it all the way. The Lapwing is gobsmackingly good. I really don't have the words to describe how good the wrens ar though, can only add to the sentiments already expressed. One of the finest bird watercolours I have ever laid eyes on, without a doubt. Exciting times...

Many thanks.
But just to show that as soon as things seem to be plodding forwards, two steps back are in order . . . . ah well - I'll keep on keeping on. (just noticed - there's a shaft or 'real' light on the eiders - unfortunately not clever arty stuff by me . ..)

Attachments

• pee-wit!! (800x531).jpg
    pee-wit!! (800x531).jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 131
  • eider conte (800x537).jpg
    eider conte (800x537).jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 138
Many thanks.
But just to show that as soon as things seem to be plodding forwards, two steps back are in order . . . . ah well - I'll keep on keeping on.

not sure that's plodding

the technique seems to really very suit head of Lapwing, with its mix of pattern and contour

is your "two steps back" comment aimed at the eider? I was wondering whether the contrast between the two females is so great (1 big upright pale standing 2 small-looking rich-coloured sitting) it confuses the eye a bit: even if it shows them exactly as they was

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back