• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

gull from Poland (1 Viewer)

Michał Jaro

Hi, it seems to me that it cannnot be the most popular in my region - caspian gull (missing a white spot on the primaries) ? So what kind of gulls is it and at what age? (seen in mid-September)

Attachments

• IMG_3065 (Copy).jpg
    IMG_3065 (Copy).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3061 (Copy).jpg
    IMG_3061 (Copy).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3060 (Copy).jpg
    IMG_3060 (Copy).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 72
outer two primaries still to grow in. the white subapical spots ("mirrors") are on them, p9 and p10. actually p9 is visible, it's just short and its mirror close to the carpal bend. and yes, 3cy cachinnans.

Thanks for the details I didn't notice !!. Going further I have the next seagull - in this case the observation from spring - clearly visible dark wing covers .. so? Is it another caspian (second calendar year) ?

Attachments

• IMG_0435.JPG
    IMG_0435.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0436.JPG
    IMG_0436.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0437.JPG
    IMG_0437.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 35
post 4: appears to be a herring gull, 3cy. maybe a hybrid.
post 5: on primary pattern this is a yellow-legged gull (michahellis). did it have yellow legs?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back