• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for an Overseas trip (1 Viewer)

KEVIN BROWN

Casual Birder
Looking to join a wildlife trip, particularly if there is a chance of seeing some mammals as well as birds, no more than a week, open to ideas on destination, budget is flexible, but would need to represent reasonable value for money. Not the best birder, but have travelled and learnt a bit, like obtaining record shots, but no Togger, and don’t to take myself to serious.

Hi Kevin,

I'm organising a trip this June to Svalbard (Norwegian Arctic) - there is a short thread here for this with more details:

https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=372377

On a similar trip last year, in terms of mammals we saw 3 Blue Whales, 60 Beluga Whales, 3 Polar Bear, 10 Bearded Seals, 20 Walrus, 5 Arctic Foxes regularly, and lots of Reindeer.

Many great birds too with fabulous views of Red-Necked and Grey Phalarope, King Eider, Svalbard Ptarmigan, Snow Bunting, Pink-Footed Goose, Purple Sandpiper, Little Auk, Brunnich's Guillemot, Black Guillemot, Common Guillemot, Puffin, Glaucous Gull, Iceland Gull........and even a Snow Goose and 2 Steller's Eider. Views were beyond belief, to the point that we were taking excellent photos with our go pros and iPhones.

Paul

trip to Rwanda/Uganda -Aug and Sep

Hi Kevin

Myself and one other birder are going to Rwanda and Uganda in late August/early September if you fancy it? Details elsewhere on this thread. Mostly birds but there are plenty of mammlas on the Akagera NP part of the trip.

Mike

Hi there!

You could try this trip in Danube's Delta, good bang for the buck:

https://www.clubulfoto.com/delta-explorer-2019/

It's about 320gbp for 5 days, boat trips, accomodation and food included.

You have tons of cheap flights to Bucharest, and from there to Tulcea you can take a bus or talk to the organiser to arrange something. Message me if you need some help. I am not the organiser btw.

Best!

Hello Kevin,

I am a guide to bird watching and photography in Brazil, we have several itineraries to assist you. We have itineraries through the Atlantic forest of the southeast and also marshland, where it is possible to see several mammals and birds with certain ease. We can put together a travel template that is right for you, which would not make it much more expensive.
If you are interested you can contact me in my website: www.birdsrio.com.br - I have dates available.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back