• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last minute request: Ideas for locations for 'car birding' day... (1 Viewer)

theMusicMan

Hi All

I am wondering if anyone here can help please, and could suggest some places we should visit.

My mate said to me last night he is available today for an afternoon of 'car birding' and can drive around the county to see what we can spot. Now, I am not too sure what right now are the best locations to visit within a 4 hour window between say 12:00 and 16:00 before it gets too dark. Happy to get out and walk for a little while of course, but does anyone here have ideas as to where we should head today...?

I am thinking; a drive through some of the forestry roads in Wentwood, then on to Usk (but where on earth have those Waxwings been seen and are they still about?), perhaps a stop off at the Bryn, then up to Waunafon Bog to see if the Short Eared Owls are still about. I also like the look of the area around Coity Pond - is that any good...?

Any suggesttions as to where we should head off to folks...? Would really appreciate your advice. Ta

John

Can you make to Slimbridge WWT? There have been a couple of interesting bits there recently, mostly geese, which you are more likely to be able to just turn up and see.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back