• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon P5000 question (1 Viewer)

Derry

have not handled a P5000 yet but seriously considering,, was wondering how the new camera uses the UR-E20 adapter,,??

does it screw on over the existing lens or does the existing lens case screw loose and then replaced by the adapter,,??

have been using my old 990 through my Tele Vue TV85 with their 28mm adapter and it mounts directly to a variety of my eyepieces,, the new Nikion adapter would screw directly to my Tele Vue adapter making it an easy upgrade,,

thanks for the answers,,

There's a cosmetic chrome ring around the lens which unscrews. The URE-20 screws into that. I'm keeping it in place as it protects the lens against knocks.

thanks for the info Ian,,

since it will be 28mm I can use the fisheye and other aux lens that I bought for the old 990,,

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back