• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opinions on Zeiss Terra 10x32? (1 Viewer)

I see that occasionally a Zeiss Terra 10x32 will sell new for around $210 USD on Ebay.

I considered the 10x42s when shopping for a full sized binoc but went with something else. I know the general consensus was they were priced fair at $350-$400. Not world beaters but not bad for the price.

What’s the general consensus on the 10x32s, especially if you can get them around, say $210?

:hi:
Hi Cattleball,

This is my opinion from experience with inexpensive 10x32 binoculars.

There likely aren't any good 10x32 binoculars in the $200.00 price range. Over the years I had 3 inexpensive 10x32s. None of them were binoculars that I wanted to use all day.

Their exit pupil is 3.2mm; IMO too small to be practical. The ones I had weren't very bright because they didn't have expensive silver coated or di-electric prisms. Eye relief was too short on a couple of them.

I ended up with 2 real good 10x32s made by Nikon. My first one, a 10x32 LXL cost $900.00 and I upgraded it with Nikon's new 10x32 EDG which cost over $1500.00. I can, and did, use these binoculars all day--but on bright days. The LXL has Silver Coated prisms and the EDG has di-electric prisms and ED glass and they are bright enough for serious use.

According to Doug at Camera Land, NY where they sell hundreds of binoculars yearly, 10x32's are the poorest selling binoculars they carry.

If you want a 10x binocular at a reasonable price get a 10x42. There are many brands out there to chose from.

Bob

PS: One inexpensive substitute for 10x32 that I would recommend which I have and use is the Pentax AD 9x32 WP. It is in the $200.00 price range.

https://www.allbinos.com/1879-Pentax_AD_9x32_WP-binoculars_specifications.html

It is made by Ricoh in the Philippines and it is a clone of the legendary Sightron "Blue Sky" II 8x32 which you might want to look into. See link below.

https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=211793 [Warning! This is a very long thread!]

The Pentax 9x32 could be a little brighter but it is a very easy to use binocular and you won't miss that 1x power the 10x has over it. ;)

Last edited:
For a 10x32...they are not bad...….but the 8x32 is easier to look through....I have both....

I ended up purchasing a pair of the 10x32s for less than $150 USD on Ebay.

Initial impression is positive. Clarity is good. There's zero play in the focus wheel. I like the small size.

I haven't had a chance to compare them side by side with my Vanguard Endeavor ED II 10x42s, but I don't think they are going to give up much in decent light.

Which leads to my latest buyers remorse...instead of a pair of entry level 10x42s and a pair of entry level 10x32s, maybe I should have gotten one mid-tier 10x32s. |8)|

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back