• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ethiopia - 16 days (Dec 13 to Jan 14) - Anyone interested (1 Viewer)

Mike Hunter

My wife and I are going to Ethiopia which will give us 16 full days in the field, about right to do the main circuit.

We are using a local guide and driver and targeting the endemics plus other key birds such as Somali Courser and Arabian Bustard. The local guide is well regarded but not as well known as Abiy (and both he and the company behind are much more expensive).

The 4x4 we are using has room for one more individual. The trip is at cost, no profit. We would be splitting the costs so approx £600 for the car, including guide fees and diesel, PLUS accommodation.

We are flying with Egypt Airlines which arrives into Addis Ababa at 0315 on 25 December 2013, and leaves at 2230 on 9th Jan.

PM or email me ([email protected]) me if you are interested and I'll email a rough itinerary.

Mike Hunter

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back