• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meostar 7x42s and SLC Neu 7x42s (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

does anyone know how these two bins compare to each other?

Other than what I can tell from the specs, that is. So, optically, ergonomically, focuser speed/stiffness, etc.

Best wishes
Martin

An update:

I have just ordered on line a secondhand pair of SLC Neu 7x42s. They were only £100 more than a new pair of the Meostars so I thought I'd order them and see how I get on with them.

Please tell me how you think the two compare though as I am very unlikely to have the two side by side any time soon.

I'll let you know what i think of the SLcs once I've had a bit of time to play with them.

Here's hoping thay arrive soon.

Martin

owned both and now I own the 7x42 swaro again. Optically, very close. I prefer the swaro slightly because of the focuser, the lens covers, and the optics to me were are slightly more neutral. THe Meopta has a slight yellowish cast...but still great

I tend to agree with 308 to an extent. The color representation is slightly more color neutral in the Swaros but you would have to have the two side by side to see the difference. I prefer the ergonomics of the Meopta though.

Wow, that was fast and after only one post.

;)

Good to be back. I just popped in to see what all the discussion was about lately. I had the littlest of my two up to hawk mountain for a hike today and took the bins along. I forgot how much I enjoyed the view.

Actually on a search to add a spotting scope to my bins since I have not had one for 9 or 10 months now....but that is a discussion for another forum. :)

Hello Frank, still into these 7x pairs? I have still worked with 10x and 8x mostly. If they make a fine 7.5x28 pocket size good deal, I will get it. FOV has to be 420ft.

Wow, that was fast and after only one post.

;)

Good to be back. I just popped in to see what all the discussion was about lately. I had the littlest of my two up to hawk mountain for a hike today and took the bins along. I forgot how much I enjoyed the view.

Actually on a search to add a spotting scope to my bins since I have not had one for 9 or 10 months now....but that is a discussion for another forum. :)

Hi Frank,

good to see you back here again.

I haven't tried the 7x Meoptas but I have tried the 10x and I didn't like the ergonomics. So, hopefully, I'll like the ergonomics of the SLCs. I shall find out next week.

Sounds like we'll be seeing you in the scopes forums soon then?

Welcome back
Martin

Hello Frank, still into these 7x pairs? I have still worked with 10x and 8x mostly. If they make a fine 7.5x28 pocket size good deal, I will get it. FOV has to be 420ft.

Don't know why any enterprising bino mfg hasn't jumped on these. Bino freaks will be standing in line to buy them!:-O:-O:-O

Bob

Tero,

I still am not a huge fan of compact bins. My hands are the issue mostly. A 7x28 might be worth looking into though. I would probably prefer a mini-open bridge like that one pair I tried or a reverse porro if it came down to it. The typical compact roofs just don't appeal to me.

Martin,

Not surprisingly you are one of the first people to hear say that about the Meoptas. To each his own ofcourse. My hands fit around them like the proverbial glove. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back