• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift-trilyte- Mk111-10x40 (1 Viewer)

Bencw

Picked up this nice Swift roof prism, a good looking binocular,nice to hold and very well made. Not bad optically, 347ft@1000yds , a tad dark and not the sharpest of images, if compared to the early top German roof prisms of the time,Leitz,Zeiss etc, but possibly the 7x 0r 8x version may be sharper than this 10x. Both binocular and case are mint condition, the only fault was the rubber eye cups, which are quite flimsy anyway, had lost some grip and were loose, I replaced them with some that are more sturdy and a perfect fit, taken from a cheap plastic Miranda binocular.

Attachments

• SWIFT-TRILYTE- MK111-10X40-x2.JPG
    SWIFT-TRILYTE- MK111-10X40-x2.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 253
I had the 8x40 version of this one for many years. It was 341' fov. I had no complaints with it all the time I had it. Saw little difference between it and a Leitz Trinovid 8x40. Time ravaged it to the point not even Nicholas Crista could save it. :eek!: Strangely enough most of the ones I see for sale are in the UK. They seem to bring more money at times than I can quite bring myself to understand.

Steve,
I paid about $52 for this one (£31), not sure I will keep it, but I will look out for an 8x.
I have a Leitz 7x35 trinovid and it's miles sharper and clearer than this 10x trilyte, but it is also a tad dark like the trilyte, I guess both would be better with later coatings to help light transmission.
Ben

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back