• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hama Gamma series tripod (1 Viewer)

holam_4

I have searched on the web over and over but still can't found the max. laoding capcity of the Hama Gamma 72 and Hama Gamma 74 tripod, do anybodies got those information? Please help!!! :h?:
And has anybodies tried on those tripods and how's their performance? Are they stable enough for supporting small scope (60mm)?

I used to own this scope, I had a 600gr cheap scope attached to it and it was fine, I don't think anything more then 1kg will be stable enough for birding.
Defiently not for digiscoping.

After I bought my Pentax PF-80, which is around 1800gr, I had to get a new tripod for a decent support.

What I have is the 74.

If you own a good scope, using this tripod will effect your birding expirience, scanning with it is no fun....

thx for the advise ! Red bishop
seems the tripod is not good for birding
leg is not stable enough and the head is not smooth from your words .....

I am considering them becasue there are second hand tripods offer for them,
Hama Gamma 72 for around US$13 and Hama Gamma 74 for less than US$20 in my place. As I am not owning the top end scope so I just search for bargain tripod.

Actually another option for me is the slik sprint pro, it cost around US$60 here. Is the tripod any good for scope support?

With the Slik Sprint Pro you need to take care.

Have only had mine for about 5 months - about 1 month ago started using a D70 with an 80-200mm lens - fairly heavy........ anyway, the ball head would not support the lens particularly steadily, the movement was not particularly smooth & then a couple of days ago the spindle snapped completely off.

It would be ok for something fairly light, but I would still take care.

Friend lent me an oldish Manfreto & a Gitzo.
Bought a Manfreto ballhead (5kg loading)for the Gitzo coz ballhead couldn't take the weight, but the action was not very smooth.

The older fitting on the Manfreto is perfect with very smooth movement - but not ballhead - trouble is tripod is really heavy. So, have changed the Manfroto head to the Gitzo - much happier.

Thats my fourpennyworth.
Guy

Holam there is a vast amount of tripod info right here on BirdForums within the Tripod/Head threads. Why don't you do some research, then ask questions if you have any.

OK, if you want a good tripod and you don't want to spend alot of money I have one word for you...Manfrotto.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back