• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mini Tripod recommendations (1 Viewer)

Eos9

United Kingdom
I am currently looking to buy a Mini or compact Tripod suitable to use for photographing low level fungi / orchids etc.
It must be stable enough to support a heavier pro spec DSLR with medium zoom lens or Macro lens attached and have adjustable legs or feet for uneven ground.
I have seen various options available but would appreciate any advice or recommendations for anything suitable.

Many Thanks

I use the Gitzo 3320BS, it supports any lens and is very compact and rigid. Unfortunally it is a Gitzo so it isn't cheap!

Try the Benbo Mini Trecker - if you can get over the fact that the legs are like a badly behaved set of Bagpipes it is an excellent low level tripod. And not that expensive either. WEX £64

A second vote for Benbo.

I use bigger Benbos that are great for use in truly appalling conditions and where every other tripod runs out of adjustment, but require a greater skill to use without destroying your camera than most people are prepared to put up with. Bagpipes on steroids?

The Mini Trekker looks quite a civilised beasty and far more practical and compact than the standard Trecker and the bigger models

Try the Benbo Mini Trecker - if you can get over the fact that the legs are like a badly behaved set of Bagpipes it is an excellent low level tripod. And not that expensive either. WEX £64

A friend of mine has an old Benbo short (mini?) tripod and I found no evidence of the Demented Bagpipe Syndrome at all in fact I found it remarkably easy to use. My only complaint was that it is heavy for the rigidity it offers - but then at the price?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back