• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

cheap binos (1 Viewer)

Andy Mills

Lidl binos offer

:cat:
Does anybody have knowledge about the *auriol 10x50* binos on offer at Lidl UK this week. I understand they may be rebadged Bressers.
B :)

Last edited:
I've not tried them myself but I know members have commented on the Lidl/Bresser poros in the past. The message seemed to be to check them very carefully in the store before you buy as the fault/damage rate was quite high. Enough appeared to regard them as an excellent bargain buy to be worth the effort. The roofs/scope comments were quite negative if I remember rightly.

David

I just bought the last pair from my local Lidl.

I tried them out in the shop and they seemed reasonable, so I bought them home and had a little look out of the window.

My opinion would be that, although not overly exciting, they are worth the £16.99:
They are sharp enough in the centre, quite bright & they have enough eye relief for me to use them with my specs on. Also come with strap, lens covers, pouch and a little cleaning cloth.
I've looked through bins that I would class as 'tat' in Aldi, B&M, TK Maxx etc... (shoddy build, not collimated, no contrast) and these are definitely much better. The build is quite decent, focus, hinge and dioptre and twist-up eyecups all work smoothly with good tension.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back