• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Windows Live Mail 2012 (1 Viewer)

coaltit

United Kingdom
I,m not computer savy so to speak but get along from day to day.. my question is back in the summer microsoft updated and changed how day to day operations worked on line most of this does not effect me yet but where windows live 2012 was concerned it did effect me.. they Informed me I would no longer be able to recieve or send e-mails sent to my outlook.com account in windows, they mentioned I could currently access and send mail via any web browser when they mentioned (currently) would they mean back in the summer? ... thou strangely I have recieved a recent e-mail not from microsoft this month from another site.... I use windows 7 still so if currently meant then windows live 2012 would be not now workable dead in the water so to speak, it mentioned 8.5 and 10 version of windows I would have to update to.. the mystery is I still recieved a e-mail as I mentioned earlier this month.

Last edited:
Hi CT

I've not used Outlook for at least 10 years, and don't really know what you/they are talking about. LOL

I'd get a new email address pdq and advise all your contacts of the new address. There are loads of them, just Google for one. I use Gmail and have had no problems, and have another through my broadband service provider as a back-up.

I manage them through Thunderbird : https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/

Thunderbird gathers your emails from all your various accounts and lets you read and send replies without the need to log into your individual accounts. It will also automatically bin any spam ones for you. I've been using it for years now.

Hope this helps till someone with the knowledge of what M/s are talking about comes along.

Hi Delia, yes you have a good system there with thunderbird, Infact my windows live is the 2011 version its been dodgy for sometime but after these changes microsoft have made it might as well not be there anymore, I have other addresses I use, this windows live came built in with the pc it was free at the time and was good till things started to change I,d take this version of now if I could thanks again

Coal tit.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back