• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

At least a start on delamotta (1 Viewer)

Taphrospilus

As per today HBW Alive on delamotta:

Jules Benjamin de la Motte (fl. 1820) French naturalist (syn. Chlidonias hybrida).

We talk about Sterna delamotta in the link.

I feel it could be Jean "Jules" DUCHESNE de LAMOTTE.

How did I come to this conclusion? In some sources e.g. here he is associated to Abbeville.

I haven't checked the archive en ligne nor do I have the final link.

So take it for what it is worth.

P.S: No clue where the Benjamin in HBW Key derived from.

More about Duchesne de Lamotte [here]. (About Scolopax Lamotti Baillon 1833.)

And another text by Vieillot about the same bird (whose name is here spelled "Sterna Delamotte"): [here].

Last edited:
OK I missed to check the forum as well for lamotti. He is in this document here p. 224 of 285 (right upper entry 228) and in fact no Benjamin.

Last edited:
His even younger brother Jean "Paul" (1823–1870‬) wasn´t born at that point.‬

I think you are wrong and Jean "Paul" (1823–1870‬) was the son of Jules de Lamotte and not the brother. Jean Pierre DUCHESNE de LAMOTTE 1778-1819 was his older and if geneanet is correct only brother.

I think you are wrong and Jean "Paul" (1823–1870‬) was the son of Jules de Lamotte and not the brother.
Agreed.
[Here], 176/574, upper right:
Jean Paul Duchesne de Lamotte
------------------------------------
L'an mil huit cent vingt-trois, le 5 septembre, [...] est comparu [...] Jean Jules Duchesne de Lamotte âgé de trente-six ans chevalier propriétaire et maire de Feuquiers, lequel a déclaré que [+] Dame Claude Pauline De Buissy son épouse est accouchée en cette ville d'un garçon qu'il nous a présenté et lequel a été prénommé Jean Paul [...].
[...]
+ le jour d'hier à onze heures et demie du soir
Jean Jules, then aged 36, was the father of Jean Paul, born 4 Sep 1823.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back