• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Relationship of Swift with Vixen (1 Viewer)

BobinKy

Does anybody have any knowledge of the present-day relationship between Swift and Vixen?

Thanks.

...Bob
Kentucky

Does anybody have any knowledge of the present-day relationship between Swift and Vixen?

Thanks.

...Bob
Kentucky

Bob,

Someone mentioned on another recent thread about the two sharing a common factory in Japan, as designated by letters on the prisms. Someone probably remembers this. Technical data stays in my head for about as long as it takes to do a Google search. With all the information I process each week on the job, there's not much RAM leftover.

I suspect that both their ED porros of yesteryear had shared components including optics.

But I'm not sure what their relationship status is today. Your best source for that kind of up-to-date information is this Website:

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/

One's a bird, the others a lady fox (foxy lady?), so quite similar really. Not sure, but a look at a phylogenetic tree may tell you more yet.

Thanks.

...Bob
Kentucky

Hi Bob,

When you say "present-day relationship," does that mean there was a known past relationship? If so, what was it back then? Bill Cook made a passing comment about it several years ago, but he didn't explain quite what he meant.

The Japanese manufacturers of Swift products were not exclusive to Swift. Hiyoshi Kogaku, for example, made Type 2 products for other vendors, although none were in the 8.5x44 Audubon format (to my knowledge).

Ed

Hi Bob,

When you say "present-day relationship," does that mean there was a known past relationship? If so, what was it back then? Bill Cook made a passing comment about it several years ago, but he didn't explain quite what he meant.

The Japanese manufacturers of Swift products were not exclusive to Swift. Hiyoshi Kogaku, for example, made Type 2 products for other vendors, although none were in the 8.5x44 Audubon format (to my knowledge).

Ed

Thanks.

...Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back