• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Free RSPB Birdsong CD's (1 Viewer)

A CHAPLIN

Hi Folks,

I have just received my monthly E-letter from the Society and thought a lot of you may be very interested in the following which I have copied and pasted.

Don't miss your RSPB birdsong CD free inside The Sunday Telegraph on 5 and 12 October. This brilliant two-part collection features 100 great British bird calls, a mix of the most memorable, best liked and unusual. These CDs will be popular, so make sure you reserve your copy at your local newsagent.

Ann :t:

But that would require me to buy the Daily Telegraph... twice! *lights blue touchpaper and retires*

I'll stick to my Grauniad wallcharts...

RSPB Bird call CD's

Hi guy's, similar to these CDs were issued with the Independent newspaper in the past, only they were in four CDs. I use them regularly when I want to identify certain species, especially some of the warblers.
I never buy any newspapers and it was a friendly neighbor who saved them for me.
Tanny :t:

But that would require me to buy the Daily Telegraph... twice! *lights blue touchpaper and retires*

I'll stick to my Grauniad wallcharts...
You could always mug a paperboy! for the Cd's LoL (just don't take your camera otherwise you will be labelled a criminal)

So did anyone get this?

AND - do ye have the same prob. as me - 2 of the tracks are in the wrong order - I'll not say which (I think it's only 2 as I've not listened all yet) - hardly a good thing for any newbie who's trying to learn is it - for shame!!!

:t:

Neil.

From glancing at the accompanying notes for the CDs on the Torygraph website, it would appear that chiffchaff, willow and wood warblers are surprising omissions from the 100 species covered.

From glancing at the accompanying notes for the CDs on the Torygraph website, it would appear that chiffchaff, willow and wood warblers are surprising omissions from the 100 species covered.

They also included Bee-eater and Black Winged Stilt. But did put in Common Tern but not Arctic.

It seems a bit random to be honest!

So did anyone get this?

AND - do ye have the same prob. as me - 2 of the tracks are in the wrong order - I'll not say which (I think it's only 2 as I've not listened all yet) - hardly a good thing for any newbie who's trying to learn is it - for shame!!!

:t:

Neil.

Blackbird is definately wrong, not sure not the other one. I'm a newbie.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back