• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 7D start problem (1 Viewer)

mdb2

I have had my 7D for about 3yrs now and am pleased with it. I tried to use the camera this morning and nothing. Whilst switching on, the red led light on the bottom right by the wheel flickered shortly, and the upper top screen shows a white battery flickering then this goes out! The camera does nothing at all. I replaced both batteries with the spares still the same scenario. There's no error code either. I removed the grip and cleaned inside camera pins and grip pins still nothing
Has anyone had a similar occurrence, and is there an answer??
Kind regards. Mike

Hi mike I had the same problem last year mine happened when I travelled to otmoor rspb reserve switched it on to photograph a red kite and had no power luck have it it was still on warranty so sent it off it was a power circuit board problem took about 3 weeks to get it back, Dave

Hi mike I had the same problem last year mine happened when I travelled to otmoor rspb reserve switched it on to photograph a red kite and had no power luck have it it was still on warranty so sent it off it was a power circuit board problem took about 3 weeks to get it back, Dave

Thanks Dave! this is the weirdest thing! I have many times after using the camera, taken it out again a week later with no problem! and also when the batteries are spent! used my back up set to carry on again with no problem! Knowing full well that the spares might have discharged slightly but will work ok.
I thought there could have been a connection or dirty terminals with the grip but no. I have charged all four batteries now and and last night low and behold it came back to life? This morning all still seems ok no discharge as such! I suppose this has given me a wake up call having now cleaned all possible terminals and camera it's self. And not to take things for granted again. Mike

Now where and when is this 7D mk11 available
Again thanks Dave.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back