• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdforum website has changed. (1 Viewer)

wings

It has been many months since I last visited Birdforum website and I'm afraid I do not like the changes. Specifically, I do not see a way to "return" to a previous topic, or if I click on a thumbnail image, I have no way to go back to the original post and am forced to close the forum website.

Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong? Also, is there new instructions on how to post a photo (it used to be that one goes to "manage attachment". Does it still work?

Hi Wings

I've moved your post to the Computer forum - hopefully someone will be along to advise you as there have been no changes to Birdforum since you last posted back in February.

Your problems are likely to be browser-related, I think, so if you could let us know which browser you are using and which version and also which OS you have on your computer, that would help.

The Manage Attachments button is still there, as is the ability to use the back button to return to where you were. I usually advise people to clear their cookies if they are experiencing problems. Try this (CTRL +f5 in Windows) and let us know if that makes any difference.

When I click on a thumbnail, it opens up for me in a new tab, keeping the original post still open. I can simply close the thumbnail tab when done looking at it.

I think the problem might be on your end. I'm using Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7.

When I click on a thumbnail, it opens up for me in a new tab, keeping the original post still open. I can simply close the thumbnail tab when done looking at it.

I think the problem might be on your end. I'm using Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7.

Same here as well.

Rich

I'm using Chrome Version 28.0.1500.95 and it is working the same as it always has, new tab opening for attachments, etc.

I agree that this will be a problem with settings for the particular browser used.

If you tell us which browser it is we may be able to find somebody who can suggest likely settings which lead to this behaviour.

Andrea

Well, it looks like it may be a problem on my end and I will check it out. I am using Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Thanks Delia and all.
Go Hibs.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back