• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hippolais ID - Bulgaria (1 Viewer)

Pavel

Photo taken in Bulgaria yesterday by Elena Nankova. I think it's Olivaceous and other people think the same, but other colleagues insist on Olive-tree Warbler. Please send your comments!

Attachments

• Elena_Nankova.jpg
    Elena_Nankova.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 120
Pale wing panel, apparant contrast markings under the UTC's, with primary projection "appearing" to equal the tertials, makes me also consider.....Olive-tree Warbler as a more likely candidate?

Cheers

Pale wing panel, apparant contrast markings under the UTC's, with primary projection "appearing" to equal the tertials, makes me also consider.....Olive-tree Warbler as a more likely candidate?

Cheers

Great, thanks! Why the lower mandibule isn't orange (see additional photo of Olive-tree Warbler)? Also the leggs should be very dark (black) and not paler and pinkish I think?!

Attachments

• H_olive.jpg
    H_olive.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I often find it very difficult to ID Hipploais/Iduna on photos. In field the size alone would be enough to separate Eastern Olivaceous from Olive Tree. Didn't the photographer say something about size, more like a small Acro or like Barred Warbler? To me it looks more like a small bird but the pp seems a bit long for EOW? Undecided...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back