• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very Sad News From Dyfi Osprey Project (1 Viewer)

That is such sad news after all the hard work that's been put in.

Thanks for the update Tiger.

There is very sad news from the Dyfi Osprey project. Ceulan the superstar osprey is dead.

See Dyfi Osprey Project

Sad news, indeed. However, often such a sad outcome can bring good in other ways.
When we lost our first Red Kite chick to carbofuran poisoning, we and the children who had adopted Flash were devastated. But the publicity we received from all the media was tremendous and later, Spark was taken to the Great North Museum, where he was treated by a taxidermist.
He now flies in the Museum - here he is http://www.friendsofredkites.org.uk/page6.htm

Attachments

• WT11Spark_GNMb.jpg
    WT11Spark_GNMb.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Sad news, indeed. However, often such a sad outcome can bring good in other ways.
When we lost our first Red Kite chick to carbofuran poisoning, we and the children who had adopted Flash were devastated. But the publicity we received from all the media was tremendous and later, Flash was taken to the Great North Museum, where he was treated by a taxidermist.
He now flies in the Museum - here he is http://www.friendsofredkites.org.uk/page6.htm

I see what you mean June. I was just reading today about the debate as to whether the De Mortel peregrine S2 should be preserved.

Meanwhile there is an amazing new blog from Dyfi telling of the finding of Ceulan's body. See A life to remember

I see what you mean June. I was just reading today about the debate as to whether the De Mortel peregrine S2 should be preserved.

Meanwhile there is an amazing new blog from Dyfi telling of the finding of Ceulan's body. See A life to remember

It is a very interesting and challenging account. The way in which this osprey has been tracked and eventually found reflects a determination on the part of the Monitoring Team, and the sensitive response of the local people, who clearly realised the importance and significance of finding and helping to bring not only closure, but an appreciation of their efforts.

Frederic give a very good account of find Ceulan on his blog. It is in French but if you view it with Google Chrome it will translate it into English.

Lots of pictures too. See Frederic's Blog

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back