• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (45 Viewers)

Had great views of an otter today on the moors pool around half one aswell as a brief visit from a kingfisher.

A picture and video of the otter from today aswell as pictures of the kingfisher on my flickr because for some reason I was unable to upload them on here. Link below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101937385@N04/

i think that the technology has moved on so much that the files are just too big, i have the same problem and thus put them on flickr. also there is a dedicated flickr page for upton you can upload to.

A few record shots of the Osprey [?] from yesterday afternoon at the Moors. Thanks to Richard and Trevor for correcting an earlier mis-identification of the bird by another occupant of the hide as seen in real time when concentrating on getting the photos. Maybe we could not quite bring ourselves to believe it was actually an Osprey. Anyway it was present in front of the Moors west hides between approximately 16.45 and 17.00 before flying off in a south-easterly direction. These photos taken from the concrete hide with what was the poorer view as anybody in the top floor of the other hide would have had an even better view. Nothing much else going on at the time so the surprise visit of an Osprey - what can I say.
Absolute confirmation of ID and M or F would be good if someone would be kind enough. Thanks.
i bet some one told you it was a buzzard3:) nice pics well done.

Further update from the Moors Pool from Dave J:

Little Egret, Hobby, 2 Green Sandpiper, Snipe, 4 Swift, Nuthatch, Coal Tit, 10 Siskin (only the second sighting of the year!!), 2 Common Tern

i think that the technology has moved on so much that the files are just too big, i have the same problem and thus put them on flickr. also there is a dedicated flickr page for upton you can upload to.

Yes I do believe that was the problem, the files were too big. Thank you for informing me about the page on Flickr but I do believe it is an invite only page.

Last edited:
Is this a female redstart that was on the track towards the west hide ? I finally figured out how to reduce the size of the image.

Attachments

• Female Redstart 1.jpg
    Female Redstart 1.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Dave J reports from the Flashes this morning:

1 Avocet, 1 Dunlin, 1 Snipe, 3 Ruff, 4 Green Sandpiper, 2 Common Sandpiper, Redstart, Yellow Wagtail, Garden Warbler

Tomorrow hoping for some of whatever Salford Priors is getting! Planning on spending the day on site for the start of Upton's wader passage - anything but Ruff!!

Osprey over Flashes chased off by Ravens First spotted by Jason Turner. Nice welcome back after summer holiday
Also seen to circle Moors just before.

Last edited:
Dave J had to the following at the Moors Pool late morning:

Little Egret, Hobby, 3 Snipe, Common Sandpiper, Coal Tit, Nuthatch, Treecreeper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back