• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Reporting a ringed parrot? (1 Viewer)

StuartReeves

Local rarity
A bit of a long shot this one, and a bit outside the scope of BF, but a friend of mine has found a dead parrot on her balcony in Brussels. I don't know the species (except that it's not a Norwegian Blue) but it's clearly an escape from captivity as it has a closed ring on its leg. She asked me who she should report it to given that there is a number on the ring. So far I've drawn a blank on this; the Euring website does include closed rings but only for pigeons. Can anyone suggest where the details might be reported? I know that BF isn't the place for captive birds, but it would be good to be able ton let the owner of this bird know its fate.

Stuart

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back