• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Learning about Birds... (1 Viewer)

RockyRacoon

Hi everyone,
Recently I have been trying to learn lots about birds, reading books, searching on the internet ect.
However, I was just wondering if anyone recommends any great websites or books that I can learn all sorts of things about birds. (I still don't think it is possible to beat the knowledge of many people on Birdforum though... o:) ;) )

watcha mate

Where do you want to watch birds today is a great website

try some of the BirdLife publications for a global overview of birds. Their endemic bird areas programme is a great insight into bird distribution, evolution, and which birds are threatened etc. Loads on their website too

BWP is a great starting place for Europe and only £50 now for the concise edition. Get a few back issues of BB if you can, they can be amazingly cheap...NBC, OBC, OSME and ABC all have websites that are worth a look

I spent a long time reading about birds as a young birder in land locked Derbyshire (10-22) that i thought i'd never see. Don't be tempted to limit your horizons - i've now seen stuff and been places i only dreamed about and so will you :t:

i'm only 36 so still got a lot i want to do.... always keep reading and learning. It gets better and better...

PS James and Rob of Bird Forum are top young birders also from Derby (sorry to embarrass you boys!) and are very well travelled in Asia, must be something about growing up looking at empty reservoirs...which they still do.. ha ha ha 8-P

atb
Tim

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back