• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Feeder Thats Simple to Make (1 Viewer)

calbirder

riparian woodser
Look at the thumbnails to see a feeder I made with some bits of wood nailed together and some old screen stapled to the bottom. Even the smallest seed stay on it while water can go right through. Attracts finches, nuthatches, doves, juncos, titmice, jays, and woodpeckers. Everyone else probably has already heard of this or seen it, but I thought it was cool because it only required things laying around. I really enjoy all the attention it gets from the birds.

Last edited:
Calbirder

:t: These are great and just what Ive been looking for. Seeing these have given me an even easier idea of how to make them - How about using OLD PICTURE FRAMES from junk shops? For someone like me, useless with hammer and nails, all I would need to do then is staple the mesh to the frame!

calbirder said:
Look at the thumbnails to see a feeder I made with some bits of wood nailed together and some old screen stapled to the bottom. Even the smallest seed stay on it while water can go right through. Attracts finches, nuthatches, doves, juncos, titmice, jays, and woodpeckers. Everyone else probably has already heard of this or seen it, but I thought it was cool because it only required things laying around. I really enjoy all the attention it gets from the birds.

Very clever! I've always been irritated by roofs on bird tables. The only problem is living in an area with snow. For the frame you could use an old window.

deborah4 said:
Calbirder

:t: These are great and just what Ive been looking for. Seeing these have given me an even easier idea of how to make them - How about using OLD PICTURE FRAMES from junk shops? For someone like me, useless with hammer and nails, all I would need to do then is staple the mesh to the frame!
Nice Bird Table Cal ... Nice little stream too,
I don't have Wood lying around myself and think the Frame idea is great,
Big Thank's for that,
John,

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back