• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (3 Viewers)

Yellow-bellied Flycatcher (Empidonax flaviventris). A fairly scarce passage migrant in these parts. I'm happy to have caught up with this one on May 26 in Price Edward County - it saved me from having to search for them on their massively buggy breeding grounds.

June 27th Lanceolated Warbler in Lemi, Finland (heard only)
July 6th Pied Bushchat in Eurajoki, Finland (3rd in Finland - and Western Europe) :king:

Attachments

• dbdbP1510019.jpg
    dbdbP1510019.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 14
After a dry spell of 14 months I finally got 2 more lifers today, at Hortobagy, Hungary.

2076. Pygmy Cormorant
2077. Little Bittern

Alpine swifts in Berne. Dozens of them flocking around a bridge in the old city centre, and a few of them swooping around in the centre itself.

Damn difficult to photograph though...

Attachments

• 50176193302_9dd858f33f_c.jpg
    50176193302_9dd858f33f_c.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 36
I don't know if this is a common rock thrush or a blue rock thrush, but, either way, it is a first for me...spotted gazing over the sea at Catalan Bay, Gibraltar, this morning.

Attachments

• 50405752407_f22fbd4eec_c.jpg
    50405752407_f22fbd4eec_c.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 58
Before we went back in to lockdown I picked up a Buff breasted Sandpiper in Pembrokeshire.

Attachments

• BD1E2B24-5FEB-4C70-AEA3-904181F9ABA2.jpg
    BD1E2B24-5FEB-4C70-AEA3-904181F9ABA2.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 13
Nice to see some people adding to their lists.

The only non-ABA rarity that showed up in the northeastern US were birds I'd already seen (Wood Sand and YG Vireo in NJ). And I'm not heading anywhere else in the US that would make me quarantine for 2 weeks when I came home.

Ugh.

The Wilsons Phalarope today at Keyhaven Marshes was a lifer for me. It will probably remain the only lifer for me this year thanks to Covid-19 (no foreign travel in 2020).

Imagine my shock when I arrived at my local reservoir and I got on a juvenile Sabine's Gull while the car was still moving! It appeared with several Lesser Black-backs that really dwarfed it. Sabine's is a big rarity in these parts, and it stayed for barely 3 minutes before heading south.

Two tick day!!!! My first in Britain since 1989. Up until today Ron Johns had had a two tick day more recently than I had (which is ridiculous) but not any longer.....

Taiga Flycatcher first winter at Trow Quarry South Shields

Rufous Bushchat on the saltmarsh at Stiffkey

760 mile round trip from Farnborough. Absolutely awesome day out, this was a once in a generation day in the field. Great to see so many friends and fellow-twitchers (including some that were at both sites....). Two great birds, one long anticipated (and a grudge match after a previous dip), one beyond dreams.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back