• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds seen recently, Arboga, Sweden (1 Viewer)

Natterjak

Hi all,

Lately I've been spotting some interesting (to me) birds in my garden. But of course I'm a very amateur spotter, but nevertheless I thought I'd make a post summarising what I've seen:

- Just today I saw a yellowhammer sitting in the grass near a planting bed;
- Over the last week I have several times seen bramblings in the garden;
- Last week I saw a goldfinch, which completes a set of three - greenfinch, chaffinch and goldfinch all seen recently;
- In Dec last year I saw a Eurasian Jay
- around Oct last year I spotted a fieldfare feasting on berries from our bush
- to top it all off, we currently have a pair of Marsh tits nesting in our bird box on the front of a silver birch tree.

Well, there you go. Probably no startling surprises but I'm enjoying keeping a list of all my spots. I'm up to 24 in 2 years without really trying. No pics I'm afraid as I'm rubbish with a camera.

Last edited:
And today a pair of yellowhammers, one male, one female feeding on the ground by our feeder (stocked with mixed seeds) and joined by a pair of male Eurasian bullfinches and some blue tits. It made for a colourful group although the male yellowhammers are still in their drab winter markings and not showing lots of yellow on their bellies.

Today I have twice seen this male Hawfinch on the ground below our feeder (stocked with mixed seeds). This seems like a rare spot as checking the distribution map on Wikipedia we are in fact a little further north than their typical limit. Mind you, the weather is very mild here currently with 27C today.

Attachments

• IMG_1748.JPG
    IMG_1748.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 73
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back