Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Very large lcd monitor?

Old Tuesday 17th November 2009, 18:21   #1
Claymore

Very large lcd monitor?

Hi,
As some of you may know my eyesight is pretty bad due to Glaucoma and seems to be getting worse quicker than i expected
Anyway I had to get rid of my dslr due to small lcd.
I have a Canon XL2 and although its a great camera i'm struggling with the LCD eyepiece.
Has anyone seen a lcd monitor thats rugged approx size 6" that will plug into my XL2 and also have a bracket to mount on my tripod, obviously it will need a decent power supply.
I can only use from a hide or home/car etc again due to health probs so not bothered about the weight
I'm hoping i can continue to at least film the wildlife/birds for a while longer until my eyes go alltogether and then i guess i'm *************!
You guys make sure you get your eyesight checked out every year as my eyesight could have been saved if i hadbeen diagnosed sooner and believe me, what goods a camera to ya if you can't see? Not even Canon/Nikon etc can replace them.
Any links to websites are most welcome and sooner find one sooner i can get back to enjoying myself again
Cheers
Old Tuesday 17th November 2009, 18:40   #2
Keith Dickinson
Opus Editor

Not sure if these would be any good for you Claymore but the testimonials seem to indicate that the company are decent.

http://www.smalllcd.co.uk/?=79269462

BF Supporter 2006 2007 2008 2009 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 17th November 2009, 19:02   #3
Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Dickinson View Post
Not sure if these would be any good for you Claymore but the testimonials seem to indicate that the company are decent.

http://www.smalllcd.co.uk/?=79269462
Thanks Keith, the 7" one's look alright, just wondering how i'd mount one on my tripod? I'm sure they make brackets for such things so i'll check out some of the companies who supply TV crews etc maybe they'll have an idea?
Thanks for the link anyway I will keep you posted on my quest
Brian
Old Tuesday 17th November 2009, 19:12   #4
Keith Dickinson
Opus Editor

Nice one Brian, I hope there's no more drop in your vision. I'd ask the company selling the monitor about tripod mounting it...they may be able to help. Meccano might be an idea if all else fails with the bracket.

Old Tuesday 17th November 2009, 19:26   #5
Claymore

Quote:
Nice one Brian, I hope there's no more drop in your vision. I'd ask the company selling the monitor about tripod mounting it...they may be able to help. Meccano might be an idea if all else fails with the bracket.
Oh don't mention Meccano! Used to love it when i was a lad way things are going it will be the only thing i can manage (but won't be able to see finished object)
I have a 28" Monitor on my PC and its amazingly clear but needs a very large desk (i have it mounted on the wall above)LoL bit big to have in my pop-up hide?
Cheerio
Old Tuesday 17th November 2009, 19:32   #6
Keith Dickinson
Opus Editor

Cor I envy you the 28" monitor, I'm using a 19" TFT.
I've toyed with getting bigger but I'm using a 6ft by 6ft box room as an office, there's just room for me, the computer and the current monitor.
All the best

Old Tuesday 17th November 2009, 22:37   #7
Claymore

Quote:
Cor I envy you the 28" monitor, I'm using a 19" TFT.
I've toyed with getting bigger but I'm using a 6ft by 6ft box room as an office, there's just room for me, the computer and the current monitor.
All the best
You wouldn't envey me trying to fix the monitor onto a hollow wall! the fitting kit was a nightmare! we ended up have a hole cut in the wall and adding extra noggins etc to strengthen it LoL
It does seem a bit big but i couldn't see to read Photoshop pallets etc.
Still doesn't improve my images though hence reason i don't post many images to the gallery LoL
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: