• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photography Sites / feeding stations (1 Viewer)

Eos9

United Kingdom
I shall be visiting Hornborgasjön (Lake Hornborga) in March/April and would appreciate any advise or suggestions regarding the following.
When visiting the above site would it be advisable to book a hide in order to photograph the Cranes or can these be seen relatively closely from the public footpaths or viewing areas ? I have seen various video's etc but I am not sure if single birds for example are close enough to photograph well from the public areas.
Secondly I will be spending a few days both in the lake Hornborga area as well as 2/3 days near Eskilstuna.
I have seen various trips advertised for wildlife photography where hides etc are available but these generally involve 2/3 days + accommodation etc.
As my partner is Swedish and has family near Eskilstuna I am not looking for such a trip but rather somewhere where we can visit a hide or feeding station etc for the day either within 2-3 hrs drive of Lake Hornborga or Eskilstuna.
As I am visiting from the UK obviously a location that allows good photography of birds or wildlife special to Sweden or Scandinavia is my preference so I would be most grateful for any help or suggestions ahead of my forthcoming visit.

Many Thanks

I don't know if this is to any help, but I'll write you what I know.

The hides at Lake Hornborga is utterly popular so I don't know if there are any spaces left. My friend booked hers already in October. I,ve never been there but I've seen pics and it seem to be A LOT of people at the viewpoint. See this pic: hornborgasjön

This is the homepage for Eskilstunas ornithological club, they have five good birding locations. http://oke.sormlandsornitologerna.se/fagellokaler.html

Hides? I don't know any around that area, Sweden hasn't come that far when it comes to ecotourism.

I tried to find it, but they don't seem to have a proper e-mail address to the ornithology club... I'll see if I can find something or get in contact with someone who knows the area better than me.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back