• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa Highlanders for sale (1 Viewer)

ccarr

I have a brand new in the box set of Kowa Highlanders with the florite lense for sale. They have only been unboxed for the pictures. I am asking $4500 for them. If you are interested please call me. Casey (928) 713-6287

:hi:

Hi Casey,

Welcome to Bird Forum!

We still would like to look at those pictures of the binoculars you mention above. Can you try posting them again?

And as Perterra mentions, you might be better off posting this in the Classified forum.

Bob

ccar, Welcome to Birdforum. If you want to post pictures, click on "go advanced" box, scroll down to "Manage Attachments" box, click on that, a pop up window> click browse > find photo> upload there you have it.

Attachments

• hutch's karate lex 11-15-09 037 (Large).jpg
    hutch's karate lex 11-15-09 037 (Large).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
ccar, Welcome to Birdforum. If you want to post pictures, click on "go advanced" box, scroll down to "Manage Attachments" box, click on that, a pop up window> click browse > find photo> upload there you have it.

Although often considered the best in their class (of a small and exclusive prep-school), the price of the Kowa Highlander always struck me as outrageous. I could buy a decent used car for less. Or for a couple grand more, a brand new 2015 HARLEY STREET 500.

However, now that Zeiss is selling an 8x42 and a 10x42 roof prism bin (SF) for over $3,000 in Europe (including taxes), $4,500 is starting to look more reasonable for a 32x82 bin with Flourite glass and a WF 69* AFOV (or at least it would if my last name were Rockefeller or Moore ;)).

These are dream bins, particularly for nature lovers who are also amateur astronomers. I'd take one over a cyclops alpha spotting scope any day.

Good Luck! with the sale. If you are not a member of Cloudy Nights, register, it doesn't cost anything. You can post an ad on the CN Classifieds. These are a favorite among deep pocketed amateur astronomers.

Brock

Last edited:
Although often considered the best in their class (of a small and exclusive prep-school), the price of the Kowa Highlander always struck me as outrageous. I could buy a decent used car for less. Or for a couple grand more, a brand new 2015 HARLEY STREET 500.

However, now that Zeiss is selling an 8x42 and a 10x42 roof prism bin (SF) for over $3,000 in Europe (including taxes), $4,500 is starting to look more reasonable for a 32x82 bin with Flourite glass and a WF 69* AFOV (or at least it would if my last name were Rockefeller or Moore ;)).

These are dream bins, particularly for nature lovers who are also amateur astronomers. I'd take one over a cyclops alpha spotting scope any day.

Good Luck! with the sale. If you are not a member of Cloudy Nights, register, it doesn't cost anything. You can post an ad on the CN Classifieds. These are a favorite among deep pocketed amateur astronomers.

Brock

The one I saw at LCSS, Kowa 32x82 Fluorite model, not the one with Flourite powder glass in it;) was priced at $3700. It was a mistake, they sell the non Fluorite model. I didn't look through it and have always wish I had them set it up so I could look through it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back