• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Painted Lady?? (1 Viewer)

not many here in France yet either, one or two in the past few weeks, nothing like two years ago when there were hundreds everywhere.

None yet in my garden whereas last year there were lots and lots, especially on the buddleia.

I managed to see 3 on the 5th July 2011 at the Sheepwalks which is in Staffordshire. Luckily one of them decided to have a rest on a nearby log just long enough for me to get a photograph! I was really pleased to see these as I didn't see one at all last year and I haven't seen another one since that day!

Attachments

• Painted Lady, Sheepwalks, Enville 26.06.2011 [].JPG
    Painted Lady, Sheepwalks, Enville 26.06.2011 [].JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 79
Great photo Emma, I have noticed a lot of Red Admirals and where I go to a small wood there seem to be a large amount of Commas'. I have a hay field which is full of Meadow Browns and I have also seen lots of Ringlets. Oh! I've seen a lot of Small Skippers in the hay.

I have not seen any Painted Lady's at all this year, here in the midlands. Also down in numbers are Tortoiseshell and Red Admiral, only having seen 1 of the latter.

Anyone seen one YET, I've search and serched but nothing. I've even got the village on Painted Lady alert, a lot don't even know what it looks like.

Haven't seen any this year up here in Northumberland yet....I'm starting a fortnight's holiday this Saturday so will keep my eyes peeled :t:

Lots of Red Admiral and various whites seem to have become more common this past week :king:

None since the one I mentioned earlier in this thread. I'm off to the Isle of Wight for a long weekend tomorrow, I'm wondering if there might be a better chance of finding a few immigrants - or offspring of immigrants - there (hoping for Clouded Yellow too).

None since the one I mentioned earlier in this thread. I'm off to the Isle of Wight for a long weekend tomorrow, I'm wondering if there might be a better chance of finding a few immigrants - or offspring of immigrants - there (hoping for Clouded Yellow too).

Not seen any Painted Ladies here on the Island this year. The Downs behind Compton were alive with Chalkhill Blues a couple of days ago, also some Dark Green Fritillaries. Plenty of Red Admirals about yesterday on Hemp Agrimony.

Rog

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back