• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

eagle optics Ranger slt experiences ? (1 Viewer)

bcraig

Looking for input and experiences with these binoculars. Ranger SRT 8x32 and also to compare to the Vortex Fury 8x32

Last edited:
The 8x32 SRT was my first 32mm. Mine, a few years back, was fairly compact. Remarkable sharpness in the middle. To my eyes they were better than Monarchs. Gets soft toward edges like every pair of its generation.

re

The 8x32 SRT was my first 32mm. Mine, a few years back, was fairly compact. Remarkable sharpness in the middle. To my eyes they were better than Monarchs. Gets soft toward edges like every pair of its generation.

Thanks for the information.what about the Fury ?

I really don't know, I had one Fury but they all seem to be different depending on size.

The Vortex models are in some flux, so some new Fury may not be the same as old.

Tero if that is the one you sold me, my brother is still using it and loves it.

I had been looking for a canyon wren for some three trips, so I got it with those binoculars, got good looks too. Rock wrens had been easier to find.

Was on the EO site and notice that they now have ED Rangers. I don't recall seeing them when I checked out the site a little while back. No reviews on the site yet for any tf the ED Rangers of any size.

I actually enjoyed my 8x42 Rangers, still use them though they are relegated to being back up bins now. Eye relief workable with glasses although on my last pair of glasses I discovered that I needed to twist up the eye cups a notch so that I wouldn't have the kidney bean effect.

My experience - the Ranger 8x32 is a nice compact bin for hiking and traveling about. It fit my hand very comfortably, however I use the Ranger 8x42 for my all purpose glass. also have a 6x32 for kitchen window viewing.

rw

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back