• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler Algarve East coastal area May 2019 (1 Viewer)

02pepe47

Would appreciate any help to hopefully confirm the ID of this Warbler. My first thoughts were of Fan Tailed warbler, but on reflection thought that the eye stripe a little prominent??

Many thanks in advance

Pepe

Attachments

• Warbler-1.jpg
    Warbler-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • Warbler-2.jpg
    Warbler-2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
I'd go for Willow Warbler too (still passing through here in May) and apart from it looking like one, may I add; Common Chiffchaff would be out of the ordinary (though not unheard of) in May in the Algarve. Iberian Chiffchaffs, AFAIK are well past migrating in May - they are all well into the breeding season in inland habitats, esp. Cork Oak since March. Also Fan-tailed Warbler (Zitting Cisticola) is an abundant resident breeding in areas with grasses, even on roadsides and abandoned building plots in quite built up areas - its actually quite hard to be anywhere in the Algarve where you cannot here its "zitting", ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back