• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Not so much a what.... (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
.... as a where?

For the life of me I can't see a bird in this picture, but it was supposed to be a Striated Pardalote.

I think I probably took a picture of the part of the tree it was in, hoping it would be in focus etc.

Can someone sharp-eyed in here (or with better eyes than mine) spot it.

Attachments

• BF DSCN4142 Striated Pardalote HUH.jpg
    BF DSCN4142 Striated Pardalote HUH.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 80
Delia, I couldn't see any Pardalope's (haha - a funny that my dad used to call them - his grasp of English spelling is 'unique' ! :)

But I did manage to see Richard Scarry's Goldbug ! o:) :-O

Chosun :gh:

I think I found it, could only save it as a PDF on my iPad.

Attachments

• Safari - Mar 15, 2020 at 12:25 PM.pdf
    373.2 KB · Views: 42
You can see all sorts if you screw your eyes up! Is that the top of an owls head near the top left corner, above the browning leaf? Between the two dark green leaves below the foreground flower stem on the right - clearly a wader with a dark crown stripe :)
Paul

Gosh Lisa... that was a good spot. I've cropped that section and blown it up.

I'm not convinced it's a bird.... but I could be persuaded!;)

Attachments

• BF DSCN4142 Striated Pardalote HUH.jpg
    BF DSCN4142 Striated Pardalote HUH.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 60
OMG!!! I see what you mean BirdsOfEurope.

I'll got back to my original full sized file and see if I can get it to show up better. I think you could be on to something. Many thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back