• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (5 Viewers)

Saw several for the first time this past weekend. Most memorable were a flock of 12 - 15 Red Crossbills, and the Wilson's Warbler that sat next to me and sang non-stop for more than 5 minutes before heading off.

Since I only started birding late last year I'm seeing "lifers" fairly frequently!

Couple of Grey Partridge (a "brace" I should say) at Edinburgh's Big Nature Festival at the weekend. I was quite pleased as no-one else had spotted them from the hide. I guess I got lucky.

I haven't even considered non-UK species yet :)

A crimson-fronted barbet brought up the rear in a trip to Sri Lanka this month.Special mentions too to Black eagle, golden-fronted leafbird, Sri Lanka hanging parrot, Layards parakeet, Legge's flowerpecker, malabar trogon, SL white-eye, black bittern et al. No special scops owl though... Shall have to return!

Today I saw the Cassin's Sparrow that has been hanging out in Castaic for the past few days - a rarity in California. Although others reported it as highly vocal and skylarking, when we saw the bird it was being secretive, and only made itself known when it responded to call playback.

Willow warbler

At college lake in tring - was watching a reed bunting, and a willow was calling clear as anything, so I made the effort to get on a higher path and look down on where the sound was coming from... Clear as day it was on the top of the tree calling away... Wonderful

On an April birding trip to south Texas -
Crested Caracara
Clay-colored Thrush
Buff-bellied Hummingbird
Plain Chachalaca
Green Jay
Broad-winged Hawk
Golden-fronted Woodpecker
Long-billed Thrasher
Great-tailed Grackle
Common Pauraque

Users who are viewing this thread