• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Available March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Oh my, that is one nice-looking binocular. Not sure my computer screen captures the color just right, but if it does...YUM!! Yeah, that's nothing like Swaro green.

And the overall design is just pure Leica class! Gotta take a look through these.

Oh my, that is one nice-looking binocular. Not sure my computer screen captures the color just right, but if it does...YUM!! Yeah, that's nothing like Swaro green.

And the overall design is just pure Leica class! Gotta take a look through these.

The consensus seems to be that if you get olive green colour, then looking at them would be sufficient! ;)

Good heavens - the Leica press team got really carried away on that release... This particularly caught my eye;
"Construction and optics have been inspired by the best observers from the animal kingdom."

Does this mean that the optics are modelled on those found in the eyes of a Golden Eagle or a Cheetah, or what?

I think that although there is of course hype, these kinds of texts often sound stranger in English than they did in German prior to translation, or if they've been written by someone who's first language is not English.

Leica Olive

Does this look Olive green to you, compare what Leica depicts on their computer simulated graphics and this pic. The Zeiss 8X42 FL looks more olive green to me. I think the green color will change over time. I bought the FL used and got it back from Zeiss repair service in Germany, good as new.

Andy W.

Attachments

• DSCF2836.jpg
    DSCF2836.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCF3191.jpg
    DSCF3191.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 114
I think that although there is of course hype, these kinds of texts often sound stranger in English than they did in German prior to translation, or if they've been written by someone who's first language is not English.

Sure - I appreciate that, and if their press release had just said, "Like the black ones, but green." it would have made for pretty boring reading. |;|

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back