• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scotland early August Twite and WT Eagle (1 Viewer)

stefano t63

Hi all

I am going to Scotland in the first 10-days of August, starting from Edinburgh and driving all around, including Speyside, Sutherland, Skye and Mull (not too much time to spend in each place indeed...)

A couple of questions:

- is there a reliable spot to see Twite? It seems they are easier in the western coast as far as I understand
- is it worth to try a boat trip in Mull or Skye for WT Eagle feeding and photography? In case, what's the most reliable trip (higher chance to see the Eagle)? There are many offered...

Many thanks!
Stefano

Hi all

I am going to Scotland in the first 10-days of August, starting from Edinburgh and driving all around, including Speyside, Sutherland, Skye and Mull (not too much time to spend in each place indeed...)

A couple of questions:

- is there a reliable spot to see Twite? It seems they are easier in the western coast as far as I understand
- is it worth to try a boat trip in Mull or Skye for WT Eagle feeding and photography? In case, what's the most reliable trip (higher chance to see the Eagle)? There are many offered...

Many thanks!
Stefano

The area just west of the Kilchoan ferry to Mull, Ardnamurchan Peninsula, used to be good for Twite in August. Haven't been for years so can't verify if it still is.

Last edited:
Hi Setefano. Pratincol makes a great suggestion. I had fantastic views of a flock of Twite just before where the ferry leaves at Kilchoan. Also had a flyover White-Tailed Eagle:t:

Then over to Mull Charters for photo opportunities. I've not used the company but I've seen some great photos from the trip. Having said that, the Eagles can turn up pretty much anywhere in that area of Scotland.

http://www.mullcharters.com

Hope you have a great trip.

Rich

Attachments

• IMG_1058.JPG
    IMG_1058.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 10
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back