• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

year lists for the first day of 2011 (1 Viewer)

61 for me, had a great day with Iceland Gull, Willow Tit, 8 Waxwings, Dipper and 6 Bewick's Swans.

I'm hoping to be on 110 by the time I go back to school on wednesday

10, because we got so much snow during the night we could hardly drive anywhere, it was still snowing and sight was horrible, and then car broke down and had to be towed off... I've had better starts!

28 for me on January 1st but added a few yesterday and today so now up to 50 :t:

Aiming for 100 by January 31st so well on target :king:

79 for me, limited myself to within ten miles of home but I have done this before so I had a plan!

Birds of the day:

Jack Snipe
Woodcock
Brambling
Red Kite
Red-crested Pochard
Goosander
Chiffchaff

John

Meagre 65 in Suffolk - the recent hard weather must have cleared out loads of stuff that you would expect on 1/1.

@chris butterworth, I assume you didn't mean 125 in the Wirral?

Last edited:
Meagre 65 in Suffolk - the recent hard weather must have cleared out loads of stuff that you would expect on 1/1.

@chris butterworth, I assume you didn't mean 125 in the Wirral?

No chance Alistair, NE France. ( but I'd give it a go - it'd just mean extending the borders of the Wirral a bit )

Chris

I had 41 species for January 1. Just about what I would expect for my location here in Missouri.

* Up to 69 species as of January 6th.

30 species for me on day one. There's only about twenty more species I'm likely to get within Christchurch. Not many local birds over here.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back