• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sightron "Blue Sky" II 8x32 (2 Viewers)

Another clone...now with 150% more ridges

Fujinon KF8x32W/KF10x32W

9YpP1DR.jpg

srvnlma.jpg

hMvthNu.jpg

hyAcczU.jpg

Last edited:
I don't care for ginsu ridges. At 32MM the barrels are small enough to engulf. W/all the various clones coming out of the woodwork it would be nice if allbinos tested the Sightron using it as a baseline. Fat chance as Sightron, regardless of the number of years the Blue Sky II 8X32 has been available, will ne'er be recognized by allbinos.

They may very well do a review now that Fujinon and its name recognition has entered the fray w/its ugly duckling. I would be most curious if the Fuji offered anything more optically. A fair wager shootin' from the hip would be perhaps proprietary coating.

Coming soon $259.99
KF 8x42 W Specifications
Magnification 8
Objective diameter (mm) 32
Eye relief (mm) 14.5
Field of view 7,5°
Field of view at 1.000 m (m) 131.1
Min Focus 2.5 meters
Exit pupil (mm) 4
Twilight factor 16
Brightness factor 16
Interpup. distance range (mm) 58-72 ?
Rubber Yes
Multicoating Yes
Phase correction Yes
Waterproof Yes
Strap Yes
Weight (Kg) .47
Dimension (mm) 131x139x53

Sightron Blue Sky II msrp 249.
tem Number: 23008
Sku Number: 793139-230089
Model Name: SIIBL832
Magnification: 8X
Object Diameter (mm): 32
Fov (ft@1000 Yds.): 420 - 128.1 meters
Eye Relief (mm.): 17.5
Finish: Green Rubber
Waterproof: Yes
Weight (oz.): 19.8 - 0.561 kilograms
Length (in.): 5 1/2 - 139.7 mm

Three more meters fov, three mm less eye relief and weighs almost one tenth of a kilo less than the auld Sightron.

http://www.allbinos.com/1575-Fujinon_KF_8x32-binoculars_specifications.html

Last edited:
Delivery driver brought me a well padded secured parcel this morning.

I'm in love.

Focusing is one finger butter smooth (Way above expectations here at this price point!), image is identical to my loaner pair (As I was praying hard for!) centre hinges tensioned so even over the woodland bouncing off my chest IPD remained in place, in short, an absolute keeper.

I'd not hesitate to recommend these. EU Optics delivered astoundingly fast.

2255 hrs.

Jupiter is high and my Sightrons show me two moons to the upper right and one lower left.

8x binocular and the moon's are neat points of light. Very, very impressive sharpness and resolution for the money.

lume,

I haven't used/tried the Habichts so I cannot help you there. I did compare the Sightrons to the Nikon SE 8x32s in my original review post in this thread (post #1). That should give you some idea of their performance level.

Also, in subsequent pages in this thread, I compared the Sightrons to a variety of binoculars that were either similarly priced/designed or much more expensively priced but of a similar configuration. The Sightrons "held their own" overall with everything short of the Swarovski SV 8x32.

Hope this helps some.

"If the Sightrons can be half as good as the incredible Habicht 8x30"

In this neck of the woods the Blue sky II 8x32 can be had for around $165 US TTD.

Hey guys, I had been looking for a fairly inexpensive but small/lightweight binocular to carry with me while archery hunting. After reading through this thread I decided the Sightron 8x32 matched closely with what I was looking for so I went ahead and placed an order online.

The binos were waiting for me on the steps when I got home from work. When I got them inside and out of the package the lenses were fogged, which was to be expected as they had just been sitting outside in 37-38 degree weather for 4 hours. I gave them time to adjust to the temperature then started glassing out the window, getting my diopter set and just getting a feel for the binos. While holding them to my eyes I noticed the left eye lense would fog up after 15-20 seconds of use while the right one stayed clear. I assumed this was still due to the temperature swing so I gave them a few hours to warm up and tried them again. While not quite as bad the left eye was still fogging up while the right eye stayed clear. Upon further examination of the eye lenses it almost appeared to me that there were scratches or cracking on the inside of the lenses. It was much more prevalent with the left lens but the right lens had a little bit as well.

I know next to nothing about binoculars so this is probably a dumb question, but is this normal? I tried to take a few pictures under the light to show what I am talking about.

Attachments

• Optimized-IMG_0678.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0678.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 538
  • Optimized-IMG_0677.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0677.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 418
Hi all and thanks so much for the brilliant, indeed, review of FrankD!

Wow, 51 pages about these Sightron I've never heard before...and how great they seems to all! ;)

I have a Vortex Diamondback 8x42 (old ones) and I am looking for smaller binos to have more frequently with me outside: I was thinking about the new Diamondback 8x32 for their unbelievable small size and close focusing...but reading the mfunnell review I was worried about the quality so...Sightron will be!!! o:D

I'm in Italy and so looking for an european seller. I found only Optics-trade with a not so good price (€ 222).

Do someone knows about other sellers in Europe?

I was thinking about the new Diamondback 8x32 for their unbelievable small size and close focusing...but reading the mfunnell review I was worried about the quality so...Sightron will be!!! o:D
Thanks for actually reading my review! If the physical size is of lesser concern then I can assure you, from my point of view, that the Sightrons are far superior binoculars. That's not to say the Diamondbacks are bad, as such, but they're not as nicely ordered as the Sightron SII Blue Skys. The only two advantages the Diamondbacks have are physical size and close focus. The Sightrons, to my mind, are far better binoculars in every other respect and cost about the same.

...Mike

I tried the new version of the Vortex 8x32 Diamondback against my pair of Sightrons 8x32.

This was just one sample versus another, but the Sightron has far better colour reproduction, markedly better contrast with a larger sweet spot and whilst looking at static objects across differing distances, the Sightrons pulled in far more detail.

All in all a far more relaxing yet exciting view.

(One MAJOR pain in the arse was the Vortex diopter. It was not a set once and leave affair which drove me potty.)

@mfunnell
@ratal

Thanks a lot for the ultra fast reply...what a thread, after 4 years!

Sure I red your review mfunnell: it's the only one in the web at the moment ;)
The problem is that it does not solve completely my doubt :C : go for the size and close focus or for the overall better quality???

As I said before I'm now more oriented towards Sightron...but the size of the Vortex...

Yeah...still wait some days, not a lot, for I'm pretty excited to have a new small binos always, more or less, with me.

(One MAJOR pain in the arse was the Vortex diopter. It was not a set once and leave affair which drove me potty.)
I think we're in vociferous agreement here, for the most part, but I really don't believe the dioptre setting on the 2016-model 8x32 Diamondback is the problem per se. I suspected it was, for a while, but what I think is really going on is that the Diamondbacks exhibit such strong curvature of field that what seems like a dioptre problem really isn't - if you confine your view to their rather small sweet-spot. I might be wrong about that, but with my pair and after some rather exhaustive (some might say obsessive) testing, that's what I eventually decided was happening. I still find it irritating, though.

The qualitative difference between those Diamondbacks and my Sightrons is dramatic in the sense that I always find the view through the Sightrons relaxing and natural while the Diamondbacks always seem bothersome. That hasn't changed with experience of both.

...Mike

The qualitative difference between those Diamondbacks and my Sightrons is dramatic in the sense that I always find the view through the Sightrons relaxing and natural while the Diamondbacks always seem bothersome. That hasn't changed with experience of both.

...Mike

Mike, now I think this will drive me almost surely to the Sightrons!
Thanks

[...]The problem is that it does not solve completely my doubt :C : go for the size and close focus or for the overall better quality???
[...]
As I said before I'm now more oriented towards Sightron...but the size of the Vortex...
Size does tend to have it's own "quality" in that the smaller and lighter the binocular the more likely you are to have it with you. Only you can know your own personal trade-off between optical quality and convenience of carrying. I resolved that by spending way too much money on something different, though I've kept both the Sightrons and the Diamondbacks. The Sightrons, right now though, are with a friend who is on a trekking holiday - I gave her the choice and she went with the better view (ie. the Sightrons) rather than the more convenient size. Only you know if that would be the right call for you.

...Mike

Mike, I have to say that your approach in choosing optics is very carefully planned and your words are always right and push people to think about your experience and suggestions. Thanks really :hi:

Again here...

Looking around I found the Kenko UltraView EX OP 8x32, that looks almost the same of Sightron...and also have read that someone state that they are the same binos manufactured in Philippines from same company.

Do you confirm that if I buy a Kenko (cheaper then SII in Europe) I will have the same quality here depicted for the astonishing SII ???

Thanks all :t:

Again here...

Looking around I found the Kenko UltraView EX OP 8x32, that looks almost the same of Sightron...and also have read that someone state that they are the same binos manufactured in Philippines from same company.

Do you confirm that if I buy a Kenko (cheaper then SII in Europe) I will have the same quality here depicted for the astonishing SII ???

Thanks all :t:

If it looks like this one and says "DH II" it should be the same.
http://www.kenkoglobal.com/optics/binoculars/ultraview_ex/ultraview_ex_op_832_dh_ii.html

There is an older ultraview model that is different.

Hi Chicolom and sinthemau, I have that same Kenko Ultraview EX OP 8x32 but I have never looked through one of fhe Sightron Blue Sky models so can not compare that way. The Kenko 8x32 Ultraview EX OP 8x32 is the same binocular in this review by Samandag, I ended up getting it off him, I am glad I did. This Kenko model is 16oz. compared to 19.9 oz. for the Sightron Blue Sky II. I would buy it again. BTW there is serial number and it says Phiippines on the label with the serial number. I hope this helps some. I have the Nikon 8x32 SE and the Kenko is pretty close to it as far as the view goes.I wear glasses, but don't normally do while using optics, I just tried this binocular while wearing my glasses and I had no problem with seeing the full view. I have a sort of flat face for reference. No deep set eyes and big ;) nose. I am not saying there is anything wrong if someone has these features.

http://www.birdforum.net/reviews/showproduct.php/product/457/cat/10/limit/recent/date/1067110192

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back