• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fujifilm HS50 EXR has arrived ! (2 Viewers)

Got it in one Steve. Once I suss the extra zoom thingy I'll have a go with that and post the results.

do you mean the digital zoom, because this accessed via the camera's menu (not sure how) and increases the image by either 1.4 or 2x. On the HS50, you will be limited to 8MP resolution, and digital zoom has so far earned a reputation for decreasing image quality. I suppose you'll try it and decide whether the results are acceptable. On an older generation of Fuji cameras, I found the results were very poor

Well I was a little to tempted, the sun is shining and its a BHoliday - so i have bought it :t:

The Mrs will string me up if she finds out I have bought another bloody camera :-O

I've gone ahead too. My order is pending (not because of credit checks, apparently QVC don't carry them out, relying on the ability to debit the purchaser's card) but as I am a new customer and this is classified as a high value item, I will probably receive a call from QVC to verify the purchase. Having had to change my card recently because of attempted fraudulent use can appreciate why.

This represents a saving of £40 plus the value of the card as Amazon & Argos were selling at £419.99 others gernerally £469.99 when I last checked

excellent .! your flaba will be gasted ;) you won't be able to sleep this w/e until the postman calls on Tuesday

Looking forward to seeing your first images.

We are off to Swell Wood RSPB sanctuary tomorrow so hopefully some good images of the Heronry and Heron chicks if they are not all tucked up in bed .:-O

Well I was a little to tempted, the sun is shining and its a BHoliday - so i have bought it :t:

The Mrs will string me up if she finds out I have bought another bloody camera :-O

Punta ......you went and did it !.....:t:

Don't worry I guarantee you won't regret it . If the missus finds out tell her you are going to sell one of your other cameras to put towards it . ;) oh and remind her that its your only vice !;) well we assume that it is :-O

QVC have processed my order, but state that delivery time takes 3-5 days so it will probably be with me towards the end of the week. Pushing it financially to purchase the camera, but saving at least £40, plus the 2 subsequent instalments due end April & May - surely there must be some warmer weather by then.

for a short time the pair of Shelducks which pass through at this time were close to the bridge - would have made an ideal shot had the light been any better.

what is the lens diameter because I want to purchase an adapter ring for the Raynox lens

When we got the Canon camera from QVC last year it only took 2 days, so you may get it sooner than you think.

Punta, you will have to get your good lady some jewellery from them to sweeten her.

When we got the Canon camera from QVC last year it only took 2 days, so you may get it sooner than you think.

Punta, you will have to get your good lady some jewellery from them to sweeten her.

That would be nice of course, but do any parcel courier firms work tomorrow? If not, it cannot begin its journey until Tues. 2 day delivery would still be Thursday

I can’t afford any jewellery as I have spent out on the camera :-O

Punta ......you went and did it !.....:t:

Don't worry I guarantee you won't regret it . If the missus finds out tell her you are going to sell one of your other cameras to put towards it . ;) oh and remind her that its your only vice !;) well we assume that it is :-O

No I have lots of other vices as well ;)

That would be nice of course, but do any parcel courier firms work tomorrow? If not, it cannot begin its journey until Tues. 2 day delivery would still be Thursday

I think we will be getting it at the end of next week. Hopefully for next weekend :t:

I may download the manual if I can find it on the net and have a read while I wait.

UK MAIL are working until lunchtime tomorrow.i did not order mine from qvc though,i ordered it on thursday.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back