• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another call, W Yorks moor, 24/09 (1 Viewer)

davpen

This call was recorded on my W Yorks moorland fringe patch on 24th Sep. I think it was something passing through because my recorder only picked up this call-type this once. Unfortunately I'd wandered off looking at something else and so neither saw nor heard the bird at the time. I've attached it in both WAV and mp3 versions. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

David

Attachments

• unknowncall24Sep17.WAV
    495.7 KB · Views: 91
  • unknowncall24Sep17.mp3
    74.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Unknowncall24Sep17.jpg
    Unknowncall24Sep17.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 36
Thanks for having a listen Nutcracker. Yes, it's the call right in the middle of the clip but it sounds more like a short 'spee' to me. Don't think it's a Siskin.

It's not that I'm expecting it to be anything rare. The range of species up there is usually so limited that anything other than Mipit is worth noting (to me). Well, I count Mipits too, but you know what I mean.

Cheers,

David

I did consider Chaffinch, but the horizontal element of the sonogram looks to be a bit higher pitched than the typical similar Chaffinch call - not to mention more wobbly. Anyway, never mind. Thanks all.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back