Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Binocular pocket of good quality?

Old Tuesday 2nd January 2018, 05:25   #51
[email protected]
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenex View Post
I found the new Victory quite forgiving in this respect. Fairly pleasant to use except I had to find a way to hold it a bit in front of the eyes, as I imagine with the small eyecups of all compacts (and no eyeglasses).
That sounds like it could be a problem for me if the eye cups are so small I have to insert them into my eye sockets too far. I can really ram the new Swarovski CL 8x30's eye cups into my eye sockets without any blackouts. You are right though that can be a problem with compacts and their smaller diameter eye cups. I don't like holding a binocular in front of my eyes to avoid blackouts but you really can't have too big of eye cups on a compact or they look out of proportion to the binocular. I got the Zeiss Victory 8x25 and I was right about the eye relief. They didn't work for me. In fact I had to hold them about 2 inches from face with eye cups fully extended to avoid blackouts. I didn't find them any sharper or having any better CA control then the new Swarovski 8x30 CL. The CL works a LOT better for me.

Last edited by [email protected] : Tuesday 2nd January 2018 at 23:10.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: