• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Id. (1 Viewer)

peresugranyes

Hello:
I am not sure, but I think is Locustella lucinioides, Savi's Warbler.
Am I right?
This photo has been taken 40 kms. south of Barcelona, last Sunday, near the sea.
Thanks .
peresugranyes

Attachments

• id1b.jpg
    id1b.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 326
The bright plumage (especially the rufous on the rump) and rather long bill point to Reed Warbler Acrocephalus scirpaceus.

Spud

I did wonder about hippolais warblers from the bill, but spud could well be right with Reed Warbler. I don't think it is a Savi's.

Stephen.

Being from the US, I have no clue about your warbler, I'm afraid!

But let me extend a warm welcome to Birdforum on behalf of Admin and Moderators. I think the quick replies you've gotten so far are proof of the friendliness and knowledge available to anyone who clicks on this site.

I'd also like to extend an invitation for you to join in the Great Global Bird Count -- GGBC 2. It's a bird-counting event, organized for the fun of birding, and we'd love to have Spain represented! Full details are on the Member's Notice Board.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back