• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Insurance (1 Viewer)

cthomas

I was just wondering if any body carries insurance on their scope? I checked with my renters insurance carrier and was told if I accidenly droped it it would not be covered.

Carl

cthomas said:
I was just wondering if any body carries insurance on their scope? I checked with my renters insurance carrier and was told if I accidenly droped it it would not be covered.

My House contents insurance includes all risks cover for unspecified items of individual value less than £1000 outside the house. I checked with my insurers and this will cover me if I drop my scope.

We added our scope etc to our house contents insurance (for an additional fee), and it is covered anywhere in the world for accidental damage and loss.

Its worth checking the policy documents carefully ( and any updates) .

We thought that we were covered with up to £7500 personal possessions away from the home cover with our House insurance.

Had our hire car broken into whilst we were in France recently..... Two bags and jackets taken in a matter of seconds....including my 'scope.
Total loss around £2000
Now seems our insurer (BARCLAYS ) is refusing to pay more than £1000 due to a clause about unattended vehicles, which we were totally unaware of. :C :C :C

House Insurance extension for us too, though we have comprehensive travel insurance for when staying away from home for more than one night.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back