• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Website for Red Tail - Pale Male (1 Viewer)

mkoreiwo

There was a post in the TV section, but raptor watchers should check out palemale.com

The site is dedicated to a Red Tail Hawk that, in 1991, took up residence in the posh upper east side of Manhatten, specifically at 74th St. at 5th Ave. On the side of a building!!

The name Pale Male was given due to light coloration... Since 1991, he's sired 26 chicks to date, and the web site has some extraordinary photos. I plan to get there (hopefully) before this years chicks fledge. The DVD Pale Male is available, and when I saw it, I couldn't help from smiling throughout the whole show!

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing. Along these same lines there is a livecam in downtown Indianapolis watching Peregrine Falcons. Pictures do not compare w/these as the camera is black and white, but it updates every 2 minutes. History on the birds is on the site as well.

http://www.indystar.com/special/falcon/

Dick

Thanks for letting me know about the Pale Male website.

If you're interested in even more peregrine chicks, there's a nestcam on the hackbox in Fort Wayne, IN, as well. The nest has 3 chicks, which have been named Asia, Arrow and Patriot. They were banded by the DNR last Thursday.

For this nest cam, go to aep.com

click on stewardship

click on environmental

click on falconcam

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back